DesignDesign avancerad nivå
ANVISNINGAR FÖR ARBETSPROV 2017
Konstnärligt Masterprogram i design
- start höstterminen 2017
För att din ansökan ska vara komplett krävs både anmälan och arbetsprov. Viktig information om hur du anmäler dig och hur antagningsprocessen går till finner du här.
Anvisningarna för arbetsprovet är på engelska.
The portfolio is submitted digitally in the DAP system, www.dap.hdk.gu.se - where you also find a Step-by-step guide.
Create your portfolio in a programme of your choice, and save/convert it to PDF format.
Name the PDF-document with your name and surname.
Upload the PDF-document in DAP in one mediaslide.
THE PORTFOLIO SHOULD INCLUDE:
1. WORK SAMPLES – Maximum 20 pages
You are required to include images (or other relevant digital material) that demonstrate
• breadth and depth of your creative work
• key stages of the design process to a realised intention
• personal direction of interest in design
• skills in presentation, visualisation and communication
Note: If you wish to include other digital material than images, you should do this in a separate media slide in DAP.
2. LETTER OF INTENT and PROJECT REFLECTION – Maximum 3 pages
One key feature of the MFA programme in Design is the practical projects that students define themselves. From the start of your studies you are required to identify your personal interests and expected direction of your studies in design. In this project reflection we ask you to write about an already realized or intended project that reflects your interests. We also ask you to address the question of why you wish to study at HDK and the MFA programme in Design. We will assess your ability to articulate your learning goals as well as your understanding of the field of design.
In the Project Reflection, briefly describe:
- The subject area in design you have investigated or will investigate
- What question(s) your project is concerned with
- The personal relevance of your project – refer to skills/experiential background and your continuing educational development
- The relevance of the project to the field of design (what would other designers/scholars learn from your project)?
- The proposed approaches and methods
- An outline of the outcome of the project
- At least one reference to an inspirational source for your project (other designer’s work, artwork, film, academic paper, key texts etc.)
Note: The project reflection is only a part of the application procedure and does not have to be realized in your studies.
3. CURRICULUM VITAE (CV) – Maximum 2 pages
As a whole we will assess:
- The design process – design knowledge, credibility, references, methodology and concepts
- Breadth and depth – contexts, skills, scales and experiences
- Field of Interest – design questions, societal questions, skills and relevance to the MA programme profile
- Artistic approach – expression, method and communication
A panel of teachers and artistic practitioners will assess your portfolio and letter of intent.